If you have our own business and want to keep it running smoothly, breakdown cover is an absolute necessity. This type of cover will provide you with a way to get your vehicles back on the road quickly if there is an incident such as a flat tyre or the battery dies. It is important that you learn everything you can about and compare breakdown cover before making a final decision. When you take the time to learn about it, you can make the right decision for your business.
What are the Benefits of Breakdown Cover for a Business?
Some of the main benefits of getting breakdown cover for your business include:
- Save Money: You can actually save quite a lot of money with breakdown cover. If an of your vehicles ever need to get towed, you won’t have to pay out-of-pocket, which can be expensive. The key replace, tyre replace and battery replace options with these policies can also save you money.
- Get back on the road faster: Breakdown cover also gives you a convenient way to keep your vehicles on the road with minimal downtime. If a vehicle blows a tyre, breakdown cover can be of immense help. The faster your vehicles get back on the road, the less damage will be done to your bottom line.
- Peace of mind: If you own a business that involves transporting goods, breakdown cover will give you peace of mind. Being an entrepreneur can be stressful enough without having to worry about vehicle breakdowns.
How to Get the Best Deal
All businesses want to save as much money as possible on everything, including insurance and breakdown cover. The best way to go about doing this is to compare quotes that you get online. It won’t take long to get these quotes, and it’s well worth the time and effort. Once you have spent a little bit of time doing this, you will know where to get the best possible deal. Make sure that you give each provider accurate information so you get quotes that reflect how much you will actually end up paying.
Insured Breakdown Cover vs. Pas-As-You Go
The most common type of breakdown cover uses an insurance structure. This is when you pay each month or year for these services and use them when they are needed. There are also policies with a pay-as-you-go setup, where you pay for the services you need each time. It is important to take a close look at both of these options before making a decision. A lot of businesses choose the insurance type of cover, simply because it is easier and more convenient.
The total cost of your breakdown cover will depend on many factors, including:
- How many vehicles you are getting cover for (you can most likely get a discount if you have at least several vehicles).
- Distance your vehicles travel (the farther your vehicles travel on a regular basis, the more this cover will likely cost).
- Condition of the vehicles (the age and condition of your vehicles will affect the price).
You need to factor in all of these things when setting your expectations from the start. The older your vehicles are, the more you will likely pay. If you have new vehicles that don’t travel very far, you can probably get a good deal on this type of cover.
What to Look for
There are a number of specific things that all businesses should look for when shopping around for the right breakdown cover policy. You need a policy that includes 24 hour roadside assistance. It is fairly standard, but you still need to make a point of getting it. This is especially important if your vehicles travel at all times of the day and night.
Towing services are also a standard part of most breakdown cover policies, but there are sometimes limitations. You might only be able to get the vehicle towed to the nearest garage, depending on the specifics of the policy. You can get a policy that allows for towing to anywhere in the UK, which can be useful.
You should make a point of getting breakdown cover that includes repairs as well. While it will only cover repairs up to a certain amount, this can help you save money. The more vehicles you have in your fleet, the more likely you are to use this feature.
Any business that maintains a fleet of vehicles needs to have breakdown cover. It will provide you with peace of mind as well as a way to keep your operation functioning as smoothly as possible. Every minute that one of your vehicles is out of commission means you are losing money, so you have to keep that in mind.